30 - 31 March 2022
Regeneration of food across economies, societies, politics, and natural environment.
10:00 – 10:05Organiser Welcome
- Jawad Allawi, Chief Operating Officer, Frontier Events
10:05 – 10:15Keynote Address
- Jamie Burrows, Founder & CEO, Vertical Future
10:15 – 11:00Regenerative Food and Agriculture
– Moving from sustainability to the regeneration of land and agriculture.
– Bringing wildlife and diversity back into the farming system.
– Adopting agroforestry practices.
– Regenerative grazing – Managing livestock that supports human and ecosystem health, farm profitability, and community and food system resilience.
• Ivo Mulder, Head, Climate Finance Unit, UNEP
• Emma Scott, Programme Manager – Agriculture, Fauna & Flora
• Natasha Schwarzbach, Director Global Procurement Sustainability, PepsiCo
• Anna Pierce, Director of Sustainability, Tate & Lyle
Moderator: Roberta Iley, Acting Associate Director, UK/Europe Team, Forum of the Future
11:00 – 11:30Pioneering a Regenerative Future
- Svanika Balasubramanian, Co-Founder & CEO, rePurpose Global
- Christopher Kong, CEO & Co-Founder, Better Nature
11:30 – 12:00Network Break
12:00 – 12:15The Food Supply Chain, Climate Change & Technology
- Mattie Yeta, Head of Sustainability, DEFRA IT
12:15 – 12:45Sustainable Purchasing – what do buyers want from a sustainable brand? [Panel Discussion]
– How are buyers sourcing the next generation of sustainable products?
– What criteria are buyers looking for when deciding to work with a new brand?
– What do young and aspiring brands need to do to position, market, and grow their brands successfully?
– What challenges are buyers facing when incorporating sustainability requirements in purchasing decisions?
– Developing a transparent labelling standard for buyers.
- Mark Grant, Associate Director, Levercliff Associates
- Lauren Smith, Marketing Manager, Levercliff Associates
Moderator: Aliya Kumekbayeva, Sustainability Officer, Consumer Goods Forum
12:45 – 13:25How to Develop a Successful Food Brand? [Panel Discussion]
– What does it take to build a successful food brand in 2022?
– How to build a unique brand from scratch. What is your story?
– How to scale a growing food brand sustainably?
– Designing a quality product with sustainable packaging.
– How to create an intellectual property strategy to support your sustainable food brand?
• Matthew Isaacs, Co-Founder, My Emissions
• Sarah Talland, Partner, Trademark Attorney, Potter Clarkson LLP
• Natalie Campbell, Co-CEO, Belu
Moderator: Sara Simmonds, Founder, Sara Simmonds Impact Platform
13:25 – 13:30Lunch Welcome [Hosted by Better Nature]
13:30 – 14:30Lunch
14:30 – 15:15Circular Food – Closing the Loop [Panel Discussion]
– Accelerating progress towards circular economy in food.
– Charting new paths towards circular consumption and eliminating the concept of waste.
– Coordinating a response from both public and private stakeholders across the food value chain.
– How drink businesses are creating a circular economy.
– Transitioning London’s food system into circularity.
- Clem Schmid, Executive Vice-President Commercial, Loop
- Jean Brillant, Senior Business Advisor – Food Lead, ReLondon
- Tim Duret, Organics & Technology Director, Veolia
- Anoushka Harris, Sustainability Lead, Westmill
15:15 – 16:00Different Perspectives on Food Sustainability in the UK [Hosted by Vertical Future]
– What does sustainability mean in the UK?
– What innovation is happening within sustainability?
– How is science, data and technology playing a role within food sustainability, particularly within vertical farming?.
- Sebastien Sainsbury, CEO, Crate to Plate
- Dr Jennifer Bromley, Head of Plant Research & Development, Vertical Future
- Brett Graham, Two Michelin Star Chef, The Ledbury
Moderator: Jamie Burrows, Founder & CEO, Vertical Future
16:00 – 16:30Networking Break
16:30 – 17:30Funding the Future of Food [Panel Discussion]
– Early-stage capital for food & agriculture tech companies.
– Building a culture of fundraising. Managing relationships with investors.
– Incubation programmes: finding the right match and accessing the right mentors.
– Scaling- up and becoming commercially viable.
– Developing a clear go-to market strategy.
• Isabelle Laurencin, Fund Manager, Triodos Food Transition Europe Fund
• Claire Smith, CEO, Beyond Investing
• Tomer Strikovsky, VC Investor, ETF Partners
Moderator: Sofía Condés, Investor Outreach Manager, FAIRR
17:30 – 19:00Drinks & Evening Reception [Hosted by Intelligent Growth Solutions]
Agenda is based in GMT time zone. We have scheduled the conference to begin in the afternoon. Helping to accommodate the U.S market.