16, 17, 18 November 2021, Online [UK Time]
13:00 – 14:00Food and Climate Change
– What we eat, and how that affects humanity’s survival in the 21st century.
– Impact of Industrial agriculture on our health and on our planet.
– Reducing fossil fuel consumption in production, storage, and distribution of food.
– Effect on extreme weather (droughts, floods, wildfires) on the global food system.
– Assessing consumer appetites and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
– Diving deeper into IPCC report and what this means for farming in the next 10 years.
– Rise and fall of harvests: How to support the most vulnerable economies and societies to access food.
14:30 – 15:30Regenerative Agriculture
– Rotating crops and embracing diversity.
– Regenerating carbon-sequestering grasslands.
– Adopting agroforestry practices.
– Regenerative grazing – Managing livestock that supports human and ecosystem health, farm profitability, and community and food system resilience.
16:00 – 17:00Smart Farming
– Agricultural technologies supporting the sustainability transition: drones, robots, aerial images, GPS technology and blockchain.
– Precision agriculture – more profitable, efficient, safer, and more environmentally friendly.
– How do we increase food production whilst preserving the environment?
– Automation in the food system and the impact on job creation.
– Educating the next generation of farmers on Agtech and digitalisation.
Agenda is based in GMT time zone. We have scheduled the conference to begin in the afternoon. Helping to accommodate the U.S market.