18, 19, 20 November 2020, Online [UK Time]
12:00 – 13:00Food and the SDGs
– How are we positioned to resolve the UN SDGs looking specifically at Food?
– Ensuring our growing population has access to adequate, sustainable and nutritious food.
– Achieving Zero Hunger by 2030: Increasing agricultural productivity and sustainable food production.
– Assessing consumer appetites and willingness for more sustainable diets.
– Covid-19 and Food: What Next?
• Sarah Roversi, Future of Food Institute
• Robin Willoughby, UK Director, Mighty Earth
• Ivo Mulder, Head of Climate Finance Unit, UNEP
• Catherine David, Head of Commercial Partnerships, FairTrade
• Michael Kleindl, Founder & Managing Partner, Blue Horizon Ventures
• Martin Frick, Deputy of the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy,UN Food System Summit
13:30 – 14:30War on Waste
– Preventing food surplus. New models of redistribution.
– Tools to measure and monitor waste.
– Reducing food waste across the supply chain: from retailers to consumers.
– Examining alternatives to current plastics: new developments in packaging.
– Consumer perceptions of plastics in the food and drinks industry.
– What should retailers be doing to protect the planet?
• Tom Szaky, CEO, TerraCycle
• Saasha Celestial-One, COO, Olio
• Isabelle Laurencin, Fund Manager, Triodos Organic Growth Fund
• Julia Schifter, VP Strategy Analysis, TIPA
• Juan Aguiriano, Group Head Sustainability, Technology Ventures, Kerry Group
• Hayley Collen, Investment Manager, Responsible Consumerism, ClearlySo
15:00 – 16:00Sustainable Land and Agriculture
– How do we increase food production whilst preserving the environment?
– Moving from sustainability to the regeneration of land and agriculture.
– How can farming remain environmentally and economically sustainable?
– Removing drivers for deforestation: the ongoing effects of food and soybean production.
• Kate Schaffner, Manager, Global Sustainability, Kellogg Company
• Adam Anders, Managing Partner, Anterra Capital
• Maricarmen Lopez Pimentel, Head of Special Projects, Oleopalma
• Natasha Schwarzback, Sustainable Commodities, PepsiCo Global Sustainability
• Brian Shaw, Agrifood Team Lead, Metabolic
• Inke Van Der Sluis, Head of European Operations, RSPO
16:30 – 17:30Funding the Future of Food
– Financing sustainable food technologies: accelerating the adoption of a sustainable food system.
– Scaling-up start-ups offering disruptive food technologies.
– Matching capital to the biggest opportunities in the new food system.
– Recent acquisitions and investments in disruptive food technologies [case studies]
• Cliff Johnson, Financial Advisor, VegCapital
• Rahul Ray, Finance Director, Tyson Ventures
• Andrew Ive, Founder, Big Idea Ventures
• Max Clegg, Head of Innovations, LDC Innovations
• Adam Bergman, Managing Director, EcoTech Capital
• Roby O’Brien, Co-Founder, RePlant Capital